Let them say I lived in the time of !

If they ever tell my story
let them say that I walked with giants.
Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die.
Let them say I lived in the time of Hector, tamer of horses.
Let them say I lived in the time of Achilles.


A stanza from my favourite movie Troy that is played on the screen when the body of Achilles-the Greatest Greek Warrior was being buried after death, few moments after the dealth of Prince Hector.

The story of the City of Troy is built around two fearless, invincible warriors- Prince Hector and Achilles, whose names and traits are echoed as long the infrangible walls of City of Troy are intact. These are the timeless characters that carried the legacy from one generation to the other. Cultures adulterated, Traditions ameliorated, Customs ruffled, Boundaries vanished, Men rose and fell like winter wheat -- but these names are still there. They represented the generations, they inspired the confidence, they enlivened the moments of pride, honor and esteem.

I will connect back to my earlier Blog (
Why do I Like Sourav Ganguly?) (If you haven't read it yet, request you to read it right below this)
From 1992 to 2008....from a tiny andhra village to a metropolitan city... from Secondary Schooling to Software Marketing.... being guided by a "Poor Dad" to be able to guide my kid like a "Rich Dad"... as a small kid who understands nothing beyond scorecards to a True Cricket Aficionado today-- in my story, I had my memories associated with Sourav at ALL WALKS OF LIFE. 16 years in life and career I witnessed unrivalled correlation between the game and life. At each life stage, I was privileged to learn something or the other from the game, especially Sourav's approach to the game. In so many words- a simple thing-- "Am Grown-up Watching Sourav" .
As he takes his last walk on Monday, there will be a generation that looks-up to him with grace, thanks him quietly for the memories and perhaps few more extremists like me, may shed a tear or two. Because all along the way, for all of us-- along with cricket, there are emotions evolved, passions prevailed, spirits stimulated.
Sourav belongs to India as much as he belongs to Kolkata. And he belongs to the cricket world as much as he belongs to India. His class, technique and temperament will be remembered and adored by everyone around the world. The persistence and the character he demonstrated will be admired as long as the game lives. he has empowered the game, empowered the nation, empowered the cricket world.
And which is why, these names Sourav, Sachin, Rahul and Kumble they stay on forever, they will stay on the hearts of the mortals who grew-up watching them, who grew-up admiring them and the ones who gonna grow-up reading about them, hearing about them.
These men will carry the legacy of Indian cricket to the next generation. Cultures adulterate, Traditions ameliorate, Customs ruffle, Boundaries vanish, Men rise and fall like winter wheat -- but these names will never die. They represent the generations, they inspire the confidence, they enliven the moments of pride, honor and esteem.
And I am really lucky to belong to this generation.
And that’s why .............
If they ever tell my story
let them say that I walked with giants.
Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die.
Let them say I lived in the time of Sourav
Let them say I lived in the time of Sachin............
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Srikrishna Chintalapati

My Guests


Template Brought by :

blogger templates